Funding Opportunity: Support for Results Dissemination Activities Abroad
Submit to: email@example.com
Maximum value awarded: $3,000
The Global Health Strategic Group of the Québec Population Health Research Network (QPHRN) is pleased to announce a competition designed to support Québec graduate students as well as postdoctoral fellows in the dissemination of their global health research results. The goal of this competition is to provide students with funding to allow them to return to their study sites in order to disseminate the results of their research at these locations.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a Master’s, PhD or post-doctoral program at a Quebec university as of To be announced OR be a Quebec resident enrolled in a Master’s, PhD or post-doctoral program at a university outside Quebec as of To be announced;
- The research study must be of global health relevance (i.e. addressing a relevant health issue in a low- or middle-income country);
- The candidate must return to the low- or middle-income country in which the data for their thesis or research was collected in order to disseminate their results;
- The same project cannot be funded more than once by the FRQS, RRSPQ and/or any its strategic groupings or training programs;
- The candidate must submit a report of their results dissemination activities before To be announced.
- Soundness of the results dissemination plan;
- Scientific quality of the study;
- Potential impact of the results for global health;
- Academic merit of the application.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AS ONE PDF FILE CONTAINING THE DOCUMENTS IN THE ORDER SPECIFIED.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com.
Checklist for a complete application
- Application form (Upload the application form here)
- Summary of the study, including: background, methodology, results and discussion (maximum 4 pages, double spaced)
- Description of the candidate’s role in the implementation of the study and the collection of results (maximum 1 page, double spaced)
- Results dissemination plan, including: planned activities, target audience(s), anticipated impact of study results (maximum 2 pages, double spaced)
- Brief budget specifying expenses (eligible expenses listed on the CIHR website)
- Letter of endorsement from the candidate’s supervisor
- Letter of endorsement from the host institution/primary collaborator
- Candidate’s CV
- Candidate’s up-to-date transcript from their current program
- Proof of Québec residency for students attending universities outside Québec (ex: photocopy of RAMQ card)