Emplois Program Director - Master of Public Policy & Administration -Adler University - Vancouver Campus
In keeping with its mission to graduate socially responsible practitioners, engage communities and advance social justice, Adler University, Vancouver Campus, is launching a Master of Public Policy and Administration program in September 2016. With concentrations in Immigration Policy and Practice and Social Change Leadership, the program focuses on building student competencies to effectively work in a range of management and consultant positions in Canada's government and non-profit sectors - in social policy development, analysis, and reform; government and non-profit administration; and social service. The MPPA program is one of six graduate programs on the Vancouver Campus which operate under the consent of the BC Ministry of Advanced Education.
The MPPA program is unique in its Adlerian focus on social justice and preparing graduates to lead social change through training in community psychology and communications - in combination with content areas defined by the Canadian Association of Programs in Public Administration (CAPPA). Students learn core knowledge and skills in social policy development and analysis, research methods, program evaluation, management and governance, which they apply in their Professional Practicum and Capstone Project in the final semester. Specific information on the MPPA program at Adler University, Vancouver Campus, can be found at: https://www.adler.edu/page/areas-of-study/vancouver
Reporting to the Dean of the Vancouver Campus and working in collaboration with other campus and program academic leaders and faculty, the MPPA Program Director will play a central role in continuing the development and implementation of the MPPA program as well as contributing to the field of public policy and administration. The position also involves appointment as a faculty member along with teaching and student advising responsibilities.
- Recruit and supervise core and adjunct faculty assigned to the MPPA program.
- Work with faculty members to oversee the effectiveness and quality of the curriculum.
- Oversee annual course scheduling process for the program.
- Participate in and support activities pertinent to assessment of student learning, instructional effectiveness, and institutional research.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Department in marketing and admissions activities to recruit and select students of high quality.
- Promote the program nationally and internationally through participating in organizations, conferences and related activities.
- Oversee the development of professional practica placements for students.
- Teach seminars and courses in areas of academic/professional expertise.
- A doctoral degree in an academic discipline in the area of public policy/administration or related discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a capacity to work effectively as part of a leadership team, and an ability to collaborate effectively with students, faculty, and professional staff.
- Strong record of professional experience in the area of public policy or administration, particularly related to social policy concerns required.
- Demonstrated experience in applied research in the area of public policy required.
- Experience in teaching/education at the graduate level required.
- Experience in administration/management in higher education preferred.
- In addition, a particular commitment of the University, rooted in Adler's emphasis on social interest, is training professionals to work towards socially responsible practice and who are committed to social justice. Candidates with particular interest in this mission and with demonstrated experience in these areas are preferred.
ABOUT ADLER UNIVERSITY
Established in 1952 to build on the pioneering work of Alfred Adler, the first community psychologist, Adler University educates students to engage the world and create a more just society. The University changed its name from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in January 2015 to reflect its growing scope of programs and more strongly support its vision as the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society. Over 1,200 students are enrolled in Adler's masters and doctoral programs for social change on campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver, and an online Global Campus.
Adler's Vancouver Campus is located on the corner of West Georgia Street and Thurlow, in the heart of Vancouver's dynamic downtown shopping and business core. With stunning views, the campus boasts state-of-the-art classroom and administrative technology and progressive classroom and community facilities for Vancouver students, faculty and staff.
Read more: http://www.adler.edu
Location: 1090 West Georgia Street, Suite 1200, Vancouver BC, Canada
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should include a letter outlining your interest in and suitability for this position, along with your curriculum vitae.
Click the following link for an application:
To view the full position profile:
For further information:
Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
Direct: 1-828-645-8967 (USA number)