Emplois Manager Health Policy & Programs Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada - Ottawa, ON
Manager Health Policy & Programs
Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada - Ottawa, ON
Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, the Manager, Health Policy and Programs, is primarily responsible for the overall management and coordination of relevant projects and related activities.
- Maintain current policy and subject matter knowledge of issues related to Inuit health;
- Maintain current knowledge of Inuit health priorities and initiatives;
- Identify funding sources and develop relevant project proposals and budgets;
- Develop, implement and monitor/evaluate successful projects and deliverables;
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and partner relations;
- Collaborate on projects and initiatives with a range of partners including academia;
- Plan and/or facilitate workshops, meetings, work plan logistics/travel, etc.; and
- Recommend and implement relevant and current strategic direction and initiatives in collaboration with the Board and Executive Director.
- Represent Pauktuutit on a range of regional, national and international committees and working groups;
- Maintain knowledge and advance the current and emerging gender-specific health priorities of Inuit women;
- Present the views and priorities of the organization and its members at a range of standing committees, conferences, symposia, etc.; and
- Prepare briefing materials for consideration by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and monitor departmental work plans, timelines and other management tools in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff;
- Coordinate hiring of all project staff including project consultants;
- Prepare contracts for consultants and other contractual arrangements;
- Supervise project staff including project consultants in accordance with internal policies and procedures and relevant legislation; and
- Provide input to overall organizational management.
- Monitor expenditures within approved budgets; and
- Maintain relevant financial documentation for relevant projects in compliance with approved internal financial procedures and controls.
- Draft plain language messaging and content suitable for a range of audiences;
- Coordinate the development and production of multilingual documents;
- Oversee the translation of press releases, promotional materials, articles and other documents;
- Oversee and/or develop social media/multiplatform campaigns, messaging and materials; and
- Communicate appropriately about sensitive issues.
- Travel to meetings or conferences when required;
- Oversee and/or coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops and other events hosted by Pauktuutit as required.
Reporting and Accountability
- Implement management decisions where appropriate;
- Report to funding organizations in a timely and professional manner;
- Follow project work plans and ensure all tasks are completed on time within non-negotiable deadlines;
- Provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors, Advisory Committee(s), funders and others as required.
- Maintain appropriate files and reports;
- Proposal development and report writing;
- Ensure timely and adequate internal and external reporting and documentation;
- Participate in training and professional development initiatives as required;
- Ensure the confidentiality of all files where appropriate.
Deadline for Submission is Friday, September 30, 2016 at 5:00pm
We thank all who apply for this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.