Emplois Research Analyst, Mental Health - UHN Centre for Mental Health, Addictions Program - Until Filed
POSTED DATE: November 26, 2015 CLOSING DATE: until filled
The goal of the project (DA VINCI) is to support and accelerate the implementation of the Integrated Care Pathway (ICP) across a variety of healthcare organizations to ensure patients with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and Alcohol Dependence (AD) have increased access to treatment for concurrent disorder, improve integration of care and to ensure high quality, person-centered care.
The Lead Team, based at CAMH will provide guidance, education and support to the implementation of this ICP at eight partnering sites. The key stakeholders include: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health; Royal Ottawa Hospital; University Health Network; Trillium Health Centre; North Bay Regional Hospital; Hamilton Family Health Centre; South East Toronto Family Health Centre; Village Family Health Centre; Taddle Creek Family Health Centre. At each site we will work with the partner sites to rearrange, educate and optimize existing clinical and administrative resources to improve access and treatment procedures for concurrent MDD and AD. Each site will be required to enlist a full-time Research Analyst for the duration of 20 months/60 weeks.
The Addictions Program is seeking an individual with research experience, data analysis and strong analytical skills. The incumbent will participate in a range of Knowledge translation, evaluation, data collection, and analysis/project activities. RA will oversee the implementation of project plans, setting up tools and templates for data gathering, data quality checks, manage and analyze the project data; compiling and assessing information (both qualitative and quantitative analysis) and preparing reports and working closely with a project team across the province. The RA will also assist with literature reviews, including searching and synthesizing literature from electronic and library resources, and will participate in the preparation of presentations, project/reports. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and effectively in an inter-professional team environment and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, or recognized equivalent, in a health or science-related discipline required
- Master’s degree in a health or science-related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in health services
- Previous experience in data collection and quantitative data analysis
- Quality Improvement and process re-engineering skills an asset
- Experience in preparing status updates and reports an asset
- Strong analytical skills, time management, organizational skills will be required
- Have strong PC software skills (Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of SPSS, SAS or other statistical software packages
- Demonstrated communication (oral/written) skills, good organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and other stakeholders
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply. University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.