Publications Alberta acts on mental health recommendations - Le gouvernement Albertain agit suite aux recommandations en matière de santé mentale - Bulletin International de l'Observatoire de la santé et des services sociaux
The Valuing Mental Health report, which is now available on the Alberta Health website, includes 32 recommendations aimed at supporting mental health by strengthening service delivery for Albertans with mental illness and addictions. The Alberta government has accepted the report and will begin immediately addressing six recommendations identified as priorities.
The six priority recommendations are:
- adding medical detoxification beds for adults, including six to eight new beds in Lethbridge and converting 20 beds in Red Deer;
- expanding access to addiction treatment by opening three new social detoxification beds for children and youth in Calgary;
- working in partnership with First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities to develop an opiate addictions action plan;
- increasing technology-based solutions by launching a child and youth mental health website in spring 2016;
- developing a performance monitoring and evaluation framework to track results on report recommendations and benefits to Albertans; and
- establishing an Addiction and Mental Health Implementation team to work with community and health partners to coordinate implementation of the report.